BONENT offers grants of $250 per applicant (maximum of two per year). The grant will be awarded exclusively to prospective applicants for the BONENT certification examination who reside in underprivileged countries as defined by the World Bank and have difficulty paying for the exams.
We will provide grants only to individuals that presently work in the field of nephrology for at least one year and their work records can be verified.
BONENT will apply the grant to the cost of a BONENT exam.
This year’s topic is “How can you bring awareness of the resources in your community to your patients to enhance their care?“
- Presently employed in the field of nephrology and has demonstrated a desire to excel in the field.
- Grant requests must be made using the BONENT International Grant Application Form.
- A 300-500 word essay on the year’s current topic must accompany the application.
- All funds allocated to the individual must be used for the BONENT exam within 12 months from when they are approved.
- An International Grant Application Form must be submitted.
- The Application and essay must be submitted by September 30th, and be complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Must be typed on an 8.5 x 11 Word document and minimum 300 words.
- Must be in English.
- All quotes, publications, legislation and/or books must be referenced in the footnotes.
- Submitted as an attachment by email, OR on a cd by mail.
All Essays become the exclusive property of the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing & Technology and will be kept on file at BONENT office.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the grants for? The grants are used to support prospective applicants living world- wide who are unable to pay for the BONENT certification exam. The funds will be used towards the purchase of study materials and examination fees for the certification exam.
Who can apply? Any candidate working in nephrology (nurse or technician in an underprivileged country) wishing to take the BONENT certification examination. Keep in mind you must write a summary line item in the application highlighting your situation as to why need the grant.
Do I have to be BONENT member to apply? No. The BONENT international grants are for nephrology nurses and technicians worldwide.
How will my application be evaluated? The Wesley Watkins Scholarship committee carefully evaluates each application package according to the following criteria:
- Completeness of the package;
- Quality of the summary highlighting need for the grant;
- Meets the intent of the international grants program.