The BONENT Certified Hemodialysis Bio-Medical Technician examination measures technical proficiency in certain skills and general areas of knowledge. The examination (via PPE only) tests the following eight (8) major domains of practice and tasks performed in the scope of hemodialysis technology:
- Medical Machine Maintenance (24%)
- Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (7%)
- Water Treatment System Management (30%)
- Concentrate System Management (11%)
- Reprocessing of Dialyzer (4%)
- Life-Safety and Physical Plant Maintenance (9%)
- Documentation Practices (7%)
- Professional Responsibilities (8%)
The examination has a three-hour time limit and consists of 150 multiple-choice questions.
Nephrology Technicians may receive certification in either or both exams – patient care (CHT) and bio-medical (CHBT).
For detailed information about exam eligibility, click here.