Exam & Application
How much does an exam cost?
The Computer Based Testing (CBT) fee is $250.
How long should I wait to hear from BONENT after I mail my application?
It has been 4 weeks since I submitted my exam application and I have not heard from BONENT.
Can I pay extra to expedite the process?
Will you accept my high school diploma from another country?
I have over 6 months of experience but I am not currently working in a facility. Can I apply to take the exam?
Where can I take the certification exam and on what dates?
- Exam locations and dates are listed on the PPE schedule. Your completed application and exam fee must be received before the deadline date.
- There is no set CBT schedule. After receiving a confirmation letter, you must choose a CBT location. Based on the location’s availability, you must schedule a time and date to take the exam. Click here for a list of CBT locations.
How can I prepare for the exam?
- Take the Practice Exam through the BONENT website (for CHT applicants only).
- The BONENT study guide provides an outline of the subject matter covered on the exam.
- We have compiled a list of suggested reading materials.
Are the CHT and CCHT the same?
What is a passing grade?
How many times can I take the exam?
How long will my BONENT certification last?
How often do I have to pay fees?
Can I pay the annual fee online?
How can my employer verify my certification?
I’m moving to another state. Will BONENT be accepted there?